BY Kevin Scott
Rhode Island is famous for two things: Being the size, roughly, of the Houston-metro area, and the ‘location’ of one of the top-rated cartoons of all time, ‘Family Guy,’ which chronicles the adventures of Peter Griffin and his family and friends in the fictional town of Quahog (Latin for ‘fictional Rhode Island town’).
The gags and episodes are well-known by millions, but here are a few facts that you may not have known before.
Did you know:
· Creator Seth Macfarlane has said that Quahog is based on the real Rhode Island town, Cranston.
· Brian, the family’s talking dog, is not based on any actual talking dogs. Because talking dogs don’t actually exist.
· Its first run on FOX ended when it was cancelled in 2002 but was brought back in 2005 due to popular demand.
· Seth Green, who voices Chris Griffin, got the job after auditioning doing his impression of Buffalo Bill from ‘The Silence of the Lambs.’ (No word on whether or not he enjoys fava beans.)
· Mila Kunis and Lacey Chabert have both voiced Meg Griffin, the latter leaving after conflicts with schoolwork and her role on ‘Party of Five’ made it difficult to commit to doing the voice.
· ‘The Cleveland Show’ was a spin-off for the character Cleveland Brown, but it was cancelled in 2013, kinda like the Cleveland Browns’ chances of ever winning a SuperBowl in our lifetime.
Here’s another fun fact: You and your family can catch episodes of ‘Family Guy’ weeknights at 5:00 and 5:30 on KUBE57. Giggity giggity giggity!
Share this story: